Wolfenstein: The New Order finished! Also Arkham Asylum, plus board games

This week I managed to finish (not saying "complete" as i only played one of the 2 timelines, and did not get all of the collectibles) Wolfenstein: The New Order.  I had to consult a walkthrough again for the final boss fight - it's split into 3 main kind of sections, the first is fine, once you know what to do, but the second part is really tricky. I gave it several attempts before I (embarrassingly) had to turn the difficutly down to the lowest level! But i didn't want to spend a lot of time trying it because I have plenty of other singleplayer games that need playing.  However for the last section i handled it fine at the next-lowest difficulty, which is the one I played most of the game on.  I originally began playing on "normal" difficulty but turned it down a notch when I reached the first level that requries some steath - the one where you find more knives and get the ability to throw them.

Having finished it, for now I have no desire to either go back and get some or all of the collectibles I missed, or even go and try the other timeline.  I did enjoy the story and the gameplay, but for now I'm Wolfenstein'd out! In fact for a bit I've now turned to Batman: Arkham Asylum.  Another modern classic, i had not got far into it the last time I played (which was ages ago) so luckily there wasn't a lot of story I needed to remind myself of.

I've also gone and played just a little more on 2 point-and-click adventure games I have on the go - Monkey Island 2, and Ben There Dan That.

Finally, i've had a few boardgame sessions online - a couple of games of 7 Wonders, a game of Kingdom Builder, a game of Carcassonne and a game of Eminent Domain.  I'd never played either Kingdom Builder or Eiminent Domain before, and would certainly like to play Eminent Domain again!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!