Mark Of The Ninja

I managed to get in a few hours of PC gaming overall this past week.  I split this time between 4 different games.  First up, I picked up on Mark Of The Ninja.  I'd not played this since i upgraded to  a new machine near the end of last year.  It had, unfortunately, lost a bit of my progress, but thankfully not much.  I'm still on the first overall mission, but some way into it.  If you're unaware, Mark of The Ninjs is a 2D-action-stealth-em-up.  I mean, properly stealth - the only real way to take out enemy guards, for example, is to sneak up undetected and take them oui with one sword thrust.  It's also then a good idea to move the body where it won't be found by a living guard!  Control-wise, I tend to switch between mouse-and-keyboard, and (Xbox 360) controller - there are situations where io find the latter easier than the former, and vice versa.  Mouse-and-keyboard is my default, and I switch to controller when I need to.

I've also put in more time this past week in Wolfenstein: The New Order. I have now just completed the section set on the Nazi moonbase, and have come back down to Earth with a crash! Along the way, I found a couple of Enigma code pieces, a few items of gold, and another health upgrade (obtained by, once again, hotwiring a control panel to reveal a compartment). I'm enjoying the extra narrative elements in this game, it plays well anyway and if you take the time to read the extra pieces of lore, listen to the voice diary recordings, and so on, it really hooks you into the setting and story.  Almost like playing a good book, albeit actin-orientated.
I have played a little bit more of 1954 Alcatraz, slowly progressing through the puzzles.  Each time I get stuck, i explore the available locations carefully, on the lookout for clues as to my next step.
Finally, I got around to starting Assassin's Creed II.  I actually also have AC: Brotherhood and AC IV: Black Flag, but I'm playing II first.  Just got past the introductory fight, and I'm enjoying the parkour mechanism for clambering and jumping all around the buildings.
 

Mark Of The Ninja - beginning of next section

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!