Alhambra on BGA

On Tuesday I played in a 6-player game of Alhambra on Boardgame Arena. The version on there is apparently in beta at the moment, but we did not encounter any issues with it.

I had played it a few times before, in real life, but not for a long time, so i only managed 4th place.  I enjoyd it though - it's a fairly simple game, with only 3 possible actions you can choose from.  There is a way you can get more than one action on your turn, but it only happens quite rarely.

You use money cards of different colours to pay for available tiles, which you then need to either place immediately, or store for later placement.  There are rules around placement of the tiles - you can't rotate them, and most have a wall on 1 or more sides, so you can't place a tile somewhere on your area if there is no unblocked route to it from your starting tile.  The tiles are also different colours, and that is what controls ther victory point scoring.  Basically the more you have of a particular colour of tile, the more likely you are to score for that colour of tile.

This week I also got in another game of Phasmophobia. This time, my buddy died, but I did manage to get a photo of his body (for the insurance) and additionally, we managed to successfully determine the ghost's type, so overall it was still a success (dying but with a photo of your corpse gets you insurance money)

On the same evening as that, we then had a go at Payday 2.  First we attempted, several times, a heist of some high-end sports cars, but unfortuinately we just could not complete the job. On the last attempt, I think I got my car close to where we needed to get to, but not enough.  So after 3 or 4 failures we changed to a basic bank job, which we did succeed at, and managed to clean out all of the safety deposit boxes for a bit of bonus loot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!