Week ending Saturday 03-November-2018

On Tuesday I played a little more of Batman: Arkham Asylum on PC. It's easy to see why, when it was released, it gained glowing reviews - it's a joy to play (I recommend switching between controller and mouse/keyboard) and really captures the darker mood of the Batman world.
On Thursday, I went to The Dice Cup with a couple of friends, and we played a game of Tiny Epic Galaxies, without any of the expansions.  Admittedly, I lost, but the scoring was close - 18, 21 and 22 points.
Then on Friday, with my girlfriend and her son, I again was at The Dice Cup.  I introduced them to the joys of Star Wars: Destiny, a nice CCG that also uses dice.  I find it simpler to get the hang of than Magic:The Gathering.  Plus, it's Star Wars!.  For this, I used the 2-player starter set.  We also had time to have a go at Chronicles Of Crime.  This is an excellent, fullly co-operative crime solving boardgame/card game.  It makes good use of QR codes (every card and location board in the game has its own QR code) in conjunction with its app.  The app first randomly generates the crime you're going to try and and solve, and then you use location boards to move around, person cards to talk to someone, and other person cards as well as clue cards to ask someone about either a clue, or another person.
Good times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!