28/29-September-2017

Yesterday I did a little PC gaming - I solved another 2 puzzles on Samorost 3.  I think I'm nearing the end of this all-too-short masterpiece from Amanita Design.  I love all their games anyway and am prepared to support them through purhcasing their games, even at full price.  I am on the orangey-red planetoid, First i had to look at the hints for the coloured blobs puzzle.  I had got it partly figured out (changing all of the blobs to one colour) but had not found that then, you keep combining them until you just have one big blob.  This termporaily opens up the crashed "Sputnik"-style space craft, revealing a story book of 2 chapters, that kind of explains the immediate history of this planetoid and how it came to be in the position it is now.
The other puzzle I solved was the totem poles thing.  Again, i had actually figured out what to do, just somehow hadn't quite got the 3 poles in the right positions. When you do, the wheel with the rope around it strats turning and back on the surface, there is an elevator that takes you into the bowels of the planetoid.  That's as far as I've got.

In Dawn of War: Winter Assault, I finally got some troops to the already-built Mars Pattern command building thing.  However I still need to get a Techpriest there to repair it in order to get the Baneblade.  I did this today and was happy to find that once that is done, you genuinely get a free Baneblade, rather than having to use up some resources.  Although at this point my forces are well enough setup that I have plenty of both power and requisition.  I am now about to buld the remaining thermo generators, ready to try and stop the last wave of attacks.

In Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, I got to the roof of the frist building in the "Penthouse" mission (the 4th mission) and i've non-lethally taken down a couple of the guards, but there are still 2 or 3 active in the area so i'm going to try a couple of different ways until I get past this section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!