Week ending Saturday 01-June-2019

I played my first ever game of Root on Tuesday the 28th
We played a full 4-player game, with the owner teaching us and taking us through the actions available to each faction.
We drew factions randomly at the beginning, and I got the Raccoon, who is different to the others in that it is just a single character.
I did enjoy it, though I didn't score much, and again this is one I'd like to play again.
On Wednesday i made it to the weekly Star Wars: Destiny session in Grantham - I actually don't always log this in BGG - and had a go with one of the current set's starter decks.
Now, form the 31st-May to the 02-June was the UKGE in the Birmingham NEC, this year I attended the Friday and the Saturday, with a gaming friend from work.
On the Friday, we got to play Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress (which I actually have but had not yet played) and this was great, i really like it.  We also played a bit of the X-Wing Miniatures game, as I had not played before and it was on my list.  It's enjoyable, but a bit expensive and needing too much room for me to buy into it at this point.
We pretty much finished a game of Star Wars: Legion, the Star Wars minitures ground warfare game.  We weren't entirely sure about this one, it seems to have some complicated rules/mechanisms, and is very expensive to get into.  i won't be looking to buy into this one at all.
During the evening, we rented out Stone Age in one of the open gaming areas and had a 2-player session, which i won quite comfortably!
Finally, on Saturday the 1st, we had a go at Wreck And Ruin, a miniatures-based game of vehicle combat.  This was great fun, and in the end quite close - we played against 2 of the stall's attendants. Myself and my friend ended the game with the same, highest number of victory points, so he took the victory as he had less damage to his vehicles, in total, than I at the end.  the only problem I have with this game is, i'm not sure it's quite worth the RRP, but if you can get it for a reasonable price it's another enjoyable one, with some interesting mechanics.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!