Week ending Saturday 19-January-2019

We had a 6-player gaming day on the 19th.  We played a 4-race Flamme Rouge "tour", and then a game of Viticulture: Essential Edition.
I really enjoy Flamme Rouge - it does have a bit of an element of chaos to it (maybe "organised chaos"!) but there is a level of strategy to it too.  In the end, I finished 4th out of the 6th of us, which wasn't bad considering I completely messed up on the 2nd race.  As part the tour, our great host had also organised a couple of extra ways for our cyclists to earn points in each race - King Of The Hill, which awarded decreasing amounts of points as each cyclist exited any hill stretches on a race, and also Agressiveness, which awarded points to cyclists who finished each round of a race at the front of the pack.
I didn't do so well at Visitculture, but I do prefer the Essential Edition (it adds a couple of expansions) to the basic, and really our host won the game massively ahead of the other 5 of us, who finished all bunched up much lower down the points track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!