Week ending Saturday 01-December-2018

Hmm...somehow I've managed to skip a week! Not to mention this post being nearly a week late...anyway, didn't get much play during this dated week BUT I did host a 5-player boardgaming day on the 1st.  We managed a game of Lancaster (second time my copy has been played) which i managed to win, but it was close (points were, in reverse order, 53, 48, 44, 38, and 36) - It's basically a worker placement game with some extra mechanics added to make it interesting, and we got a game of Cosmic Encounter (which I was most definitely last at) - I'm not sure what to think of this one, there is a large selection of the alien cards to draw from (everyone gets one at the beginning, and each has a special ability) but in the game we played, there were 2 that seemed waaay more powerful than the others, making it feel unbalanced.
Finally, we got in 2 games of Flamme Rouge.  Flamme Rouge is a card-based boardgame about cycle racing, it's really good fun and quite quick to learn and play.
I also managed to play quite a bit of Just Cause 2 during the past week up until the 1st.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!