1954 Alcatraz

Again, not done much gaming this past week - I was actually away on a break Monday-Friday.
The previous weekend, I did manage to have a quick go on Super Mario 3D World (bought myself a secondhand Wii U a while ago!) and during that session, I completed the boss fight level I had reached, which I think is/was the first one in the game - where you have to knock large rolling bombs back to the Bowser enemy (not sure if it's the main guy himself) and avoid the ones that are going to explode near you.
I also played a little more on 1954 Alcatraz, a 3D point-and-click adventure I have on Steam, developed and published by Daedelic Entertainment. I have their Deponia series ( 4 games in total; 2 I've played so far) so when I saw this on offer I decided to buy it.  That was ages ago and I've only started playing it a month or two ago.
It's a really good example of the genre - the puzzles are pretty much logical, and I've not needed to look up any hints or guides yet.  Even when you think you're stuck, you find something you forgot or have not yet tried.  I think i still have a way to go in the game, only being on the "first night" at the moment!
Like most games of the genre, you do have to pay attention to the conversations with other characters, as they drop hints for various of the puzzles.  It also gets you to follow the story better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My first post of 2021!

Games played 13-Dec to 19-Dec

Monkey Island 2 completed!