For those who don't know, The Secret Of Monkey Island is the first game in the series of Monkey Island point-and-click adventure games, starring the unlikely hero Guybrush Threepwood. It was actually released in 1990 so this year is its 30th anniversary! I first played this game many years ago, back on the Amiga A500 which was our family's first computer (which is where I discovered a love of computer games) The copy I borrowed off a friend, unfortunately, crashed at a certain point so I could not even complete the first part. Fast forward a couple of decades or so, and I see the remastered version on Steam. So I bought it. It was still another couple of years before I started playing it, but this time around, I was able to finish it! The remaster on Steam has the option of switching the graphics between their original low-res-ness, and the smoother remastered graphics, so I opted to keep the newer graphics, having seen plenty of the original style. This is one of thos...
Comments