Sunday, January 17, 2016

Found out earlier today that the Close Combat series of PC games is actually the official computerised adaptation of the Advanced Squad Leader wargame system. This makes me particularly happy to be selling off my collection of ASL boxed modules, now that i know I can play it on computer, whether vs. the computer or another human opponent, without needing a load of bulky boxed modules, fiddly counters, and having to memorise a load of rules. You can buy a number of Close Combat titles from the Matrixgames online store (see this link), and I have just noticed that a couple of the Close Combat titles are also available on Steam. Also, had my 2nd beginner's archery session on Friday. I am, very slowly, beginning to learn the technique of shooting a re-curve bow. It's enjoyable as well!

No comments: